Student Government: Donation Drive Recruitment & Engagement Director (Committee Member)
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 13, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4783-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 10, 2022
The ASUCD Donation Drive Committee aims to organize a donation drive program that will provide students with lightly-used or unused housing necessities, such as furniture, cooking equipment, and appliances, for free in a public, accessible space. This program will be primarily directed to help low-income students who would otherwise have difficulty affording important basic necessities.
The Recruitment and Engagement Director is responsible for recruiting and supervising student volunteers to assist with Donation Drive events and operations.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Responsible for recruitment of volunteers for all donation drive events and installments.
- Work to understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Work with the Donation Drive Marketing/Publicity Director to develop resources for recruitment of student volunteers
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- Responsible for building and maintaining healthy business relationships with volunteers by providing them with high-quality specifications and standard requirements.
- Identify efficient processes and techniques to achieve the desired results of the students/volunteers following their budget limitations and timetables.
- Delegate tasks to the project team, monitor the project's progress, and adjust plans as needed Strong time management skills.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem solving.
- Comfort with virtual communication over both email and Zoom, i.e. with Executive Office Staffers, campus staff, property managers, and city council members.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the positon.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.