Pantry: Unit Director
Name: Ryan Manriquez
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.50/hour (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 19 hrs/wk (pending budget approval - refer to budget for hours paid)
Start Date: June 13, 2022
End Date: June 9, 2023
Job Number: 0025-4803-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 8, 2022
Charged with managing and overseeing the ASUCD Pantry, a unit that is responsible for providing food and basic essentials to UC Davis students struggling to pay for meals and other basic necessities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
a. Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit, such as managing the staff and operations of a food pantry, and establish yearly goals that align with the 2022 Vision for ASUCD.
b. Hire and manage all staff including recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings. Processing hiring documents, promotions, and bi-weekly payroll.
c. Work with Creative Media to market the unit and increase visibility
d. Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
e. Work with ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
f. Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
g. Uphold, safeguard, and promote ASUCD’s values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, and social responsibility.
h. Create and present a written report once a quarter to the ASUCD Senate.
i. Review and evaluate unit budget.
j. Acts as liaison between student government and unit. Meet with adopted Senator for the unit quarterly.
k. Develop and track metrics within the unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
l. Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
1. Perform administrative duties and work independently.
2. Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills. 3. Strong time and project management skills.
4. Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
5. Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Suite.
6. Understanding of periodic finance and accounting preferred.
7. Experience managing employees and/or volunteers preferred.
8. Previous experience at the Pantry is recommended
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.