Pantry: Manager (Summer/Fall)
Name: Jason Kwan
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.00/hour (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for hours paid)
Start Date: June 13, 2022
End Date: Jan. 5, 2023
Job Number: 0025-4827-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 15, 2022
To oversee daily operations at the Pantry, an ASUCD unit responsible for providing food and basic necessities to students in need. The Manager team, composed of 12 individuals, will work in pairs on specific focus areas to run all internal and external operations with guidance from the Director and Assistant Director.
All positions have on-site, in-person responsibilities. Depending on individual circumstances, this requirement may be excused.
INDICATE YOUR TOP THREE PREFERRED ROLES AS THE FIRST SENTENCE IN THE QUESTION REGARDING QUALIFICATIONS/INTERESTS (Example: 1. Inventory 2. Outreach 3. Volunteer. [response to question])
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Volunteer: Manage orientation process for new volunteers and retrain previous volunteers. Ensure all shifts are staffed. Keep a record of volunteer hours. Build relationships with volunteers through onsite shifts.
- External Affairs: Coordinate donation drives and awareness events. Lead collaborations with other ASUCD units, student organizations, campus centers, and academic departments.
- Outreach: Design marketing plans to maximize reach to student users using online platforms. Promote food security programs, nutrition education, and basic needs resources through campus outreach.
- Inventory: Maintain inventory system. Keep donation and delivery records. Place food, basic necessities and operational supplies. Audit inventory and coordinate deliveries through onsite shifts.
- Technical Projects: Design and oversee the Pantry’s technical projects. Manage a team of developers.
- Data Science: Identify and define metrics to empower decision-making across the team. Transform data into information to guide the organization’s goals and vision.
- Advocacy: Supports Pantry advocacy efforts through three key areas: nutrition, sustainability, and hospitality. Nutrition: Promote healthier diets for patrons. Sustainability: Craft and implement environmental sustainability practices. Hospitality: Serve as a bridge between Pantry patrons and Pantry leadership.
- Satellite Operations: Designing, implementing, and evaluating the Mobile Pantry Program, Satellite Pantries, and External Distribution events. Please see the information document linked below for more details on this position.
Please visit https://tinyurl.com/
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Ability to be independent and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions.
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor.
- Interest in food security, basic needs, and addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.