Unitrans: Office Clerk
Name: Glorie Mahoro
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.25/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 9-12 hours/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4836-2022
Last Date to Apply: April 24, 2022
Provide support, handlecustomer queries, and enter data in the Unitrans Business Office.
The successful candidate may hold this position through their expected graduation date based onsatisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Receptionist in the Unitrans Business Office.
1. Answer phones and respond to email correspondence from staff and customers.
2. Take messages and forward phone calls as appropriate.
3. Accurately inform customers about Unitrans routes, schedules, services, and otherinquiries.
4. Handle customer complaints and commendations in a positive, amicable manner.
5. Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
6. Maintain the positive atmosphere of the Business Office.
7. Assist and direct customers with non-valuable lost and found items.
8. Handle online bus pass transactions promptly.
B. Transit Customer Outreach
1. Teach community members how to use Unitrans as a form of transportation.
2. Conduct personal trip planning assistance.
3. Disseminate information about Unitrans service options at various venues.
4. Coordinate group presentations.
5. Accompany community members on bus routes, as needed.
C. Computer Data Entry
1. Enter daily passenger count data.
2. Complete data entry tasks by deadlines specified by Business Office Manager.
3. Any other duties assigned by the Business Office Manager.
1. Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
2. Ability to work and remain focused in a sometimes hectic atmosphere.
3. Ability to work with customers in a friendly, professional manner.
4. Identify core issues or questions and refer customers to appropriate resources.
5. Ability to navigate GPS-based website systemsand operate MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
6. Good communication skills on the phone, in person, and via email.
7. Must be able to learn Unitrans policy, procedures, and routes. Knowledge of the campusand city of Davis is preferred.
8. Must be able to work summers, breaks, and Picnic Day.
9. Must be available to start training immediately.
1. Develop management and critical thinking skills as unique situations arise.
2. Acquire interpersonal skills by interacting with a diverse group of people.
3. Simultaneous prioritization between multiple tasks, inquiries, and responsibilities.
4. Capacity to obtain, analyze, and communicate important information clearly and concisely.
5. Know the Unitrans policy, routes, and procedures by heart.
6. Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.