Student Government: Judicial Council Chair
Name: Radhika Gawde
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $81.00/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 3-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 7, 2024
Job Number: 0008-4843-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 1, 2022
The Chairperson of the Judicial Council serves as the leader of the Judicial Branch. The Judicial Council Chairperson is responsible for overseeing the enforcement of the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws. Should any dispute arise, the Judicial Council Chair operates efficiently and unbiasedly to execute their responsibilities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Presides over weekly Judicial Council meetings
- Reports to the ASUCD Senate on a quarterly basis in regards to recent activity
- Submits official rulings, memos and relevant documentation in a timely manner to ASUCD bodies
- Administers the oath of office for the ASUCD Executive Team
- Makes decisions in an unbiased manner
- Exhibits a willingness to lead, passion to serve and decisiveness when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills & consistent reliability
- Strong ability to simultaneously spearhead multiple tasks
- Commitment to serve the Davis community
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.