Unitrans: IT Assistant
Name: Richard Feltstykket
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.15-19 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4849-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 30, 2022
Work in an exciting, fun, flexible environment on programming and web design to support Unitrans. This position helps improve unitrans systems and services for customers and employees and helps you apply your programming and web design skills to real life products to help you in your future career goals.
The successful candidate may hold this position through the expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in this position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Under the general direction of the ASUCD IT manager, assist in the maintenance and development of web applications for Unitrans such as the main Unitrans website. This includes both front-end and back-end web development using a variety of programming languages and development frameworks. Provide local and remote support of Unitrans workstationsand laptops. Assist in tier 1 support via the ASUCD IT helpdesk.
- Experience working with a SQL database such as PostgreSQLor MariaDB preferred.
- Experience with the git version control system as well as Github preferred
- Experience with a MVC framework such as Django or Flask preferred
- Familiarity with standard desktop and laptop support for computers running the Windows operating system.
- Ability to collaborate independently as well as part of a team to meet development goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work through Spring Quarter 2023 preferred (longer is a plus).
- Ability to work over the summer.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.