Student Government: Student Sustainability Career Fair Committee Chair
Name: Alana Webre
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 hours per week, depending on circumstances
Start Date: June 13, 2022
End Date: June 9, 2023
Job Number: 0008-4868-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2022
SSCF is responsible for organizing and running an annual career fair that introduces more sustainability-based organizations to students. Our committee strives to address the current lack of information regarding opportunities for students who wish to work towards a sustainable future. We are committed to providing equitable access to environmentally-focused firms, nonprofits, and governmental organizations for students interested in environmental science, policy, and justice.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
• Schedule, create agendas for, and lead weekly committee meetings
• Collaborate with Vice Chair and delegate tasks to the rest of the team
• Organize and run annual Student Sustainability Career Fair in spring quarter
• Create quarterly and/ or yearly social media projects centered around professional and/ or academic developments in the environmental field
• Organize quarterly professional development in-person events, circumstances providing
• Publicize events through social media and posters/fliers
• Interest in promoting equitable access to professional development in the environmental field
• Event planning and organizational skills required
• Social media experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to lead and delegate tasks
• Excellent professional communication skills
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.