Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission Chair
Name: Mary Padilla
Payrate: $15.00/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Up to 10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Sept. 26, 2022
End Date: June 5, 2023
Job Number: 0008-4869-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2022
To effectively lead the Gender and Sexuality Commission in carrying out its purpose as defined in the ASUCD bylaws, as well as the duties of a commission chair. The GASC actively promotes awareness and advocacy on issues pertaining to gender and sexuality- which includes, but is not limited to sexual assault, reproductive issues, and queer and trans rights.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and facilitate meetings
- Submit quarterly reports detailing the projects and actions of the commission
- Attend weekly scheduled ASUCD Senate meetings
- Hold a minimum of four (4) office hours per week
- Post vacancy listings for GASC commissioners and certain committees of ASUCD
- Plan and oversee events that are related to the commission's mission
- Lead and facilitate competency training regarding issues relating to gender and sexuality
Must complete LGBTQIA+ Allyship Training, Cultural Humility Training/PEACE Training, UndocuAlly Training
Experience facilitating meetings preferred
Experience with event planning and preferred experience crafting workshops
Knowledge of ASUCD protocol and bylaws on GASC's purpose preferred
Good writing and communication skills
Previous and/or present connection to various organizations, connected to gender and sexuality preferred, but not required.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.