Unitrans: Business Office Manager
Name: Glorie Mahoro
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 15-19 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4870-2022
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2022
Supervise Office Clerks, supervise and work cooperatively on campus/community outreach events with the Outreach Coordinator, and offer general support to all daily functions of the Unitrans Business Office.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Supervise Office Clerks:
- Hire and train office clerks.
- Ensure all office clerk tasks are completed thoroughly and in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all office clerk shifts are covered.
- Keep office clerk materials up to date.
Supervise Customer Outreach Activities:
- As part of the outreach team, supervise and work with the Unitrans Outreach Coordinator to plan and carry out a variety of campus and community outreach events.
- Assist with staffing outreach events with office clerks and other Unitrans employees.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to ensure that outreach and promotional supplies are ordered and fully stocked.
Maintain Office Equipment and Supplies:
- Maintain/organize a variety of standard office supplies and reorder as necessary.
- Check that office equipment is working correctly and coordinate with appropriate staff for necessary maintenance and repairs.
Document Control and Maintenance:
- Create and maintain various office-related forms and checklists.
- Review and approve completed forms and reports for internal verification and control.
- Ensure that documents are properly filed and orgamized.
- Hold meetings to keep the office clerk staff up to date on announcements.
- Attend weekly Unitrans manager meetings and keep detailed notes of each meeting.
- Attend quarterly employee meetings to listen to announcements, introduce new office staff, and hand out awards.
- Ensure that print and electronic media containing information on business office operations are up to date.
Expected Learning Outcomes:
The Business Office Manager has the opportunity to further develop and reinforce valuable time management, organization, problem solving, and communication skills, and will gain hands-on experience that is directly transferrable to a wide range of future careers both within and outside of the public transit industry.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Able to communicate well with superiors, equals, and those under supervision, including both student employees and career staff.
- Ability to address customer inquiries in a friendly, professional, and informative manner, and to train new staff on effective handling of customer inquiries.
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures and train staff on their implementation.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility, motivation, and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowldge and use of the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint), an Google platforms (Docs, Forms, Sheets, and Mail).
- Ability to remain proactive and accountable for weekly, monthly, and quarterly duties.
- Must be a current Unitrans employee.
- Must be able to commit to working summers, breaks, and occasional weekends, including Picnic Day.
- Must be available to start training immediately.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.