Student Government: Disability Rights Advocacy Committee Chair
Name: Sarah Theubet
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hrs/wk (refer to budget for weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-4875-2022
Last Date to Apply: June 5, 2022
To chair the ASUCD Disability Rights Advocacy Committee by providing adovcacies for all disabled students.
Within the disability community there is a very well known saying "nothing about us without us" and that is practiced within this committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Run meetings, meeting with different organizations both on and off campus, ensuring that access remains a priority at UC Davis.
- The hiring of committee members and delegating tasks.
- Plan events, and create meaningful cultural changes.
- To promote the practice of the well known saying "nothing about us without us".
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to practice patience
- Leadership experience preferred
- Knowledge of disability, advocacy, and community building
- Public speaking skills, being mindful of unexpected and ongoing health concerns of disabled students (especially from committee members)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.