Student Government: Academic Affairs Commission Chairperson
Name: Gabriela Tsudik
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 14 hrs/wk (refer to budget for weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-4933-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 4, 2022
Organize, coordinate, and oversee all commission activities and new projects. Recommend and implement relevant programs, policies, and legislation. Represent the commission's decisions at Senate meetings as an ex-officio member of the Senate.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hold weekly Academic Affairs Commission meetings
- Attend all senate meetings
- Collaborate with undergraduate education
- Inform senate of student body academic issues
- Recommend delegates for academic senate committees to the ASUCD President
- Plan and execute programmatic events
- Project management skills
- Strong, clear communication and public speaking skills
- Relevant experience preferred
- Expertise in the advocacy, leadership and academic policies preferred
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.