Executive Office: Associate Vice President of Internal Communications
Name: JT Eden
Payrate: $15.00/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: Dec. 4, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4942-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 13, 2022
The ASUCD Associate Vice President of Internal Communications will serve as the head of internal communications for the ASUCD Executive Office. They will oversee all internal correspondances on ASUCD platforms of communication. Additionally, the AVP will serve as an administrative to the ASUCD Internal Vice President.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Monitor the engagement of ASUCD members on the communication platform, Slack
- Assist the ASUCD Internal Vice President in the coordination of senate presentations, confirmations, and reports
- Assist the Internal Vice President with the coordination of ASUCD Commissions and Committees
- Occasionally serve as a delegate for the ASUCD Internal Vice President during formal meetings
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications to represent the Executive Office and on a regular basis provide a "weekly briefing" for the ASUCD Internal Vice President
- Manage additional projects and responsibilities in coordination with the Internal Vice President
- Experience in ASUCD or other student government preferred, but not required
- Demonstrates a general willingness to lead, passion to serve one's community, and excitement for collaboration with others
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, planning, and management skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of the goals and procedures of ASUCD
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal, analytical, and interpretive skills
- Demonstrates a strong willingness to learn, an incredible work ethic, and interpersonal skills to transverse conflicts and/or difficult circumstances.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.