Mental Health Initiative: Point Director
Name: Dylan Ocampo
You can visit the Mental Health Initiative website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall, 10 hours/week for Winter & Spring Qtrs. (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 11, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0037-4963-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 21, 2022
MHI houses both the UC Davis Mental Health Conference and UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month, two major events which aim to engage students in destigmatization and education efforts, prompt attendees to organize around mental health issues, and offer them the opportunity for self-reflection and healing through mental health discourse. Our Board Members assist in the planning and implementation of these events as well as address campus concerns regarding mental health support.
The Point Director will manage and oversee the Mental Health Initiative in collaboration of the MHI Unit Director.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage and oversee the ASUCD Mental Health Inititiative.
- Make quarterly reports to the ASUCD Senate.
- Network with other mental health resources and organizations on campus including Student Health and Counseling Services, Each Aggies Matters, etc.
- Manage and oversee other Mental Health Initiative events such as Mental Health Awareness Month.
- Collaborate with ASUCD Creative Media in the areas of marketing and outreach.
- In collaboration with the Unit Director and with the ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
- Maintain unit policies and procedures.
- Along with the Unit Director, review and evaluate unit budget.
- Develop and track metrics within unit to drive decisions and present quarterly reports.
- Along with the Unit Director, act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
- Ability to be eesponsible.
- Ability to perform administrative duties and work independently.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Proficient with GSuite and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of periodic finance and accounting preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Ability to organize complex logistical planning.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.