Mental Health Initiative: Programming Coordinator (2)
Name: Dylan Ocampo
You can visit the Mental Health Initiative website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 6 hours/week for Fall, 8 hours/week for Winter & Spring Qtrs. (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 11, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0037-4969-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 21, 2022
MHI houses both the UC Davis Mental Health Conference and UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month, two major events which aim to engage students in destigmatization and education efforts, prompt attendees to organize around mental health issues, and offer them the opportunity for self-reflection and healing through mental health discourse. Our Board Members assist in the planning and implementation of these events as well as address campus concerns regarding mental health support.
The Programming Coordinators position is to organize all programming material (workshops, panels, etc) for the Mental Health Conference and Mental Health Awareness month and the lead for the Programming Committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Check the MHI programming email regularly to maintain partnerships with people interested in joining Conference or MHAM.
- Lead the Programming Committee by outlining their duties and ensuring essential deadlines are met.
- Oversee the committee in contacting potential workshop hosts via email, phone, or in-person/online meetings, and assisting the committee in their duties.
- Strong organizational skills
- Professional communication skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Previous event-planning experience preferred but not required
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.