Unitrans: Advertising Sales Representative
Name: Teri Sheets
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $15.50/hr + commissions
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4981-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 31, 2022
Unitrans Advertising Sales Representative is responsible for all aspects of the Unitrans advertising sales program.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
A. Review and update the annual Unitrans advertising guidelines, including ad space pricing and schedule.
B. Develop and maintain a database of current and potential advertising clients, including data on ad packages sold and contacts made throughout the year.
C. Schedule regular office hours to receive and promptly respond to advertising inquiries received via email and voicemail.
D. Reach out to businesses to sell remaining vacant ad spaces.
E. Sell available ad space on a first-come, first-served basis, and then maintain a wait-list for future ad space availability.
F. Prepare, distribute, and manage all advertising contract documents.
G. Work with administrative staff to complete customer billing through the ASUCD Business Office.
H. Assist advertising clients with media production and delivery questions.
I. Direct the installation of all advertising media on the exterior and interior of Unitrans’ buses.
J. Perform periodic review and maintenance of installed advertising media and replace damaged/missing media
- No experience is required.
- Attention to detail skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work with many types of people on a professional basis is a must.
- Limited Word and Excel knowledge is required.
- Work hours are flexible, although some evening and weekend work may be required to meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work during Summer 2022 (both summer sessions).
1. Develop customer service and interpersonal skills and gain experience working to many different kinds of people.
2. Develop and improve critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
3. Potential to develop professional networking relationships for future career paths.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.