Student Government: External Affairs Commission Chairperson
Name: Maahum Shahab
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 14 hours/week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid)
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-4984-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 1, 2022
As an EAC Commissioner, you would review and vote on ASUCD Senate legislation, collaborate on projects and initiatives that help bridge the gap between relevant campus parties and student government, and also advocate for and represent students in various external spaces (such as local and state government, in collaboration with the EAVP Office). EAC oversees and recommends policies to ASUCD Senate based on communicating and connecting with both on and off campus public bodies that affect the welfare of student.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly EAC meetings
- Contribute to the planning and execution of EAC projects, initiatives, and events
- Help support ASUCD committees under the overview of EAC
- Keep track of external issues that affect students
- Represent the commission in various meetings with ASUCD officials
- Increase public awareness of ASUCD Student Government on campus
- Read, review, and vote on upcoming Senate legislation
- Advocate for a large and diverse student body in project-based and representative ways
- Has a hard working and dedicated work ethic
- Interest in learning about student government, ASUCD, and the welfare of student body
- Commitment to meeting attendance and punctuality
- Quick learner and can thrive in fast-paced, collaborative environments
- No prior ASUCD experience is necessary, willingness to learn and passion for the position
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.