Unitrans: Operations Assistant(UniBikes Coordinator)
Name: Jeff Flynn
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-6 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4988-2022
Last Date to Apply: July 29, 2022
Unitrans is seeking interested candidates to lead coordination of the UniBikes program. UniBikes is an internal Unitrans bicycle share program designed to facilitate Unitrans staff travel between Unitrans’ Maintenance and Operations Facility and the two bus terminals. The program is critical to service reliability. The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position. Candidates must be physically present in Davis starting in summer session 2 through spring quarter 2023. Unitrans is an equal employment opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Twice weekly physical review of UniBikes to ensure bicycle safety (~15 bikes)
- Rebalance and redistribute bicycles twice weekly using Tile App and assigned pick-up truck located at Unitrans Operations and Maintenance Facility
- Perform light as needed repairs on bikes like filling tires and tightening loose parts
- Coordinate repairs with ASUCD Bike Barn for heavier repairs and services
- Monitor and respond to bike issues and requests through assigned Unitrans email
- Administer Tile App and add/delete users as needed
- Coordinate and communicate frequently and openly with Unitrans career staff
- Weekly check-ins with Unitrans General Manager
- Other bicycle related tasks as assigned
- Experience with light bicycle maintenance and ability to ride a bicycle
- Ability to lift 25 pounds (lift a bicycle) and work outdoors in cold and heat
- Class B or C license
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority
- Ability to give and take directions
- Good organizational skills
- Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
- Learn how to independently maintain and operate a small fleet of bikes
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment
- Become a part of the Unitrans crew and make friends for life
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.