Picnic Day: Business Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,14 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5003-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2022
To manage and oversee (with the Chair) the ASUCD budget for Picnic Day and to obtain sponsors for Picnic Day
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Coordinate purchase orders, reimbursements, recharges, reviews monthly budget statements and other business functions such as ordering office supplies, t-shirts, frisbees, and sweatshirts
- Advise Chair on budget matters
- Update and revise sponsorship package
- Collaborate with the Chair to cultivate relationships with business partners and obtain sponsorships
- Train board about business processes
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report
- After Picnic Day, assist chair in preparing budget for the following fiscal year
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time-management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- What do you hope to accomplish as Picnic Day Business Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.