Picnic Day: Children's Discovery Fair Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,14 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5004-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2022
Organize and host the Children's Discovery Fair on Picnic Day; an educational, fun, safe, and family friendly event.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Identify and organize activities for children on Picnic Day (crafts, entertainment, exhibits, booths, and other educational activities)
- Collaborate with student groups on and off campus to host a booth/exhibit
- Facilitate Craft parties
- Manage Craft budget
- Recruit Assistant Directors
- Attend weekly Board meeting
- Hold mandatory office hours each week
- Prepare end of year Board Report
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Detail Oriented
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.