Picnic Day: Entertainment Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,12 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5005-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2022
Choose and Schedule performances for 3 stages from campus and local performing groups.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Create advertising materials, create application and confirmation material, reviews demos
- Select 60-70 performing groups, draft the entertainment schedule and introductions for performers and maintain contact with groups (to send contracts, provide information, and coordinate parking and technical needs, etc.)
- Collaborate with Technical Director to host training on stage equipment to ensure quality sound on Picnic Day
- Recruit and train Assistant Directors to work each stage and assist in general planning
- Oversee all entertainment stages on Picnic Day
- Prepare end-of -year report
- Attend weekly Board meetings and other meetings as necessary
- Hold mandatory office hours each week
- Communication skills
- Responsible and Respectful
- What do you hope to accomplish as Entertainment Director? (300 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.