Picnic Day: Publicity Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,14 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5010-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2022
Create and execute marketing strategy for Picnic Day. Collaborate with the Aggie, the Enterprise, KDVS, other newspaper and radio stations in order to publicize all facets of Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Update and maintain a comprehensive list of the media and their deadlines and contacts
- Distribute Picnic Day poster and the Schedule of Events throughout the campus and community
- Develop publicity strategies with Chair and Vice Chair
- Collaborate with Graphics Director in preparing a press video
- Collaborate with all Directors to assess their publicity needs
- Keep a record of news articles
- Attend weekly board meetings
- Attend mandatory office hours
- Hire, train, and lead Assistant Directors
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Writing Skills
- Responsible & Respectful
- Must demonstrate knowledge in various social medias including: Facebook, Instragram, and Snapchat
- What do you hope to accomplish as Publicity Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.