Picnic Day: Technical Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,14 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5012-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 11, 2022
Maintains the Picnic Day web site, coordinates with Creative Media, and ensures Picnic Day Board of Directors has all necessary technical equipment
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Keep a record of hits on the website
- Collaborate with the Graphics Director to post current photos and the events on the website
- Manage Picnic Day office computers and coordinate e-mails
- Assist with website and update Picnic Day information daily
- Arrange and organize telecommunications, including telephone lines into and out of the Picnic Day office, as well as radio and cell phone communications between Directors and university staff during Pre-Week and on Picnic Day
- Contract sound providers and serve as the liaison between the Entertainment Director and his/her lineup of entertainment and the sound providers
- Provide or arrange for amplified sound needed by any Directors or events
- Hire Assistant Directors, hold weekly office hours, attend weekly board meetings, and prepare end of year report
- Communication skills
- Know how to read html, Java, etc.
- Website experience
- Time Management
- Responsible and respectful
- 3. What do you hope to accomplish as Technical Director? (200 words max)
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.