Mental Health Initiative: Board Member (3)
Name: Dylan Ocampo
You can visit the Mental Health Initiative website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4 hours/week for Fall, 6 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 11, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0037-5017-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 18, 2022
MHI houses both the UC Davis Mental Health Conference and UC Davis Mental Health Awareness Month, two major events which aim to engage students in destigmatization and education efforts, prompt attendees to organize around mental health issues, and offer them the opportunity for self-reflection and healing through mental health discourse. Our Board Members assist in the planning and implementation of these events as well as address campus concerns regarding mental health support.
As a Board Member your repsonsibilites will inclue one of the following.
Please indicate your preferred role in the first sentence in the question regarding qualifications/interests:
Responsible for maintaining meeting minutes and organization and allocation of documents.
This position will focus on publicity and MHI programming
Director of Graphic Design
This position will be focused on creating all graphics for MHI programming in collaboration with Creative Media
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Take in-depth and organizaed notes at MHI board and general meetings.
- Ensure MHI documents are organized and locate document requests as needed.
- Communicate any needed clarifications with members when necessary.
- Manage social media platforms
- Publicize events and graphics as necessary
- Collaborate with Director of Graphic Design and Creative Media for publicizing purposes within ASUCD Branding Guidelines and UC Davis Social Media Policy and Guidelines
Director of Graphic Design
- Create professional and aesthetic digital/physical graphics
- Collaborate with publicity coordinators for publicizing purposes
- PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR ART PORTFOLIO ALONGSIDE YOUR RESUME (if needed email to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of how to utilize various on-campus Mental-Health related resources preferred.
- Prior experience in planning/programming preferred, but not required.
- Prior clerical work experience preferred, but not required.
- Social media management skills
- Basic graphic design experience as it pertains to the position
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.