Student Government: Internal Affairs Commission Chair
Name: Sergio Cano
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15-20 hrs/wk
Start Date: July 1, 2013
End Date: June 30, 2014
Job Number: 0008-0502-2013
Last Date to Apply: May 15, 2013
The Internal Affairs CommissionChair is responsible for investigating and recommending improvements in ASUCD's internal operations and structure, governing documents, and long-range plans. Additionally, to advise the ASUCD Senate on all internal matters and issues related to the government of ASUCD and the quality of student life at UC Davis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Chair weekly commission meetings on Mondays at 5 pm.
- Hold a minimum of 4 regular office hours each week.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings of ASUCD Senate on Thursdays at 6 pm.
- Report to the ASUCD Senate, Commission opinions and any projects.
- Attend Internet and Networking Committee meetings on Fridays at 8 am.
- Attend Unit Relocation Space Allocation Committee meetings.
- Attend Committee on Committee meetings.
- Chair Bylaw Review Special Committee meetings.
- Extensive knowledge of ASUCD governing documents
- Strong written communication skills
- Ability to delegate responsibilities
- Knowledge of the inner workings of Internal Affairs Commission.
- Knowledge of University policies
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of ASUCD history
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations and services
- Strong ability to remain impartial
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.