Unitrans: Route Supervisor
Name: Luck Vuong
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 15hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-5039-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 25, 2022
To maintain the safe, efficient, and effective daily operations of the Unitrans system. To be a resource, a leader and role model for all employees.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Held directly responsible for the location and status of all Unitrans vehicles at all times.
- Oversees and upholding appropriate procedures to all passengers and Driver related incidents.
- In charge of handling check-ins and making sure that all employees arrive and take off on time.
- Responsible for contacting employees in the event of uncovered and/or missed shifts.
- Utilize trippers to make sure columns take off on time.
- Reroutes buses back to avoid misses bus stops.
- Answers all calls on the Dispatch landline phone.
- Being able to work profressionally with RS as a team
- Must come to an agreement with RS when handling incidents and accidents
- Comfortable informing appropriate managers when handling incidents and accidents
- Oversees and responds to accidents, passenger related incidents, bus problems, minor repair, fluid spills,and biohazards.
- Ensure that terminals and buses are well stocked with necessary supplies.
- Completes mandatory daily Driver observations.
- Serves as a messenger between the Maintenance Facility and Uni-1 Business Office.
- Comfortable working with and calling appropriate emergency personnel
- Shuttles employees when possible.
- Fuels vehicles that 10-19 for the day.
- Being able to work professionally with DS as a team
- Must come to an agreement with DS when handling incidents and accidents.
3. Charter Supervisor
- Oversees in-town charters outside of regular service hours.
- Comfortable answering driver and passenger questions
- Oversees and upholding appropriate procedures to accidents, passenger-related incidents, bus problems, minor repair, fluid spills, and biohazards outside of normal service hours.
- Comfortable working with and calling appropriate emergency personnel(s)
- Comfortable informing appropriate Managers when handling incidents and accidents outside of normal service hours.
- Must currently be a Unitrans driver.
- Knowledge of the Unitrans system including familiarity with daily operations.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of the different types of Unitrans vehicles.
- Must maintain and balance all requirements from other Unitrans positions.
- Must have a valid class B driver’s license, VTT, and Medical Card at all times.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility and confidentiality.
- Must remain professional both on and off-duty, including posting online.
- Must excercise confidentiality at the Pad, terminals and anywhere in Davis on past events including Driver related issues, accidents, and incidents both on and off duty.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively along all lines of authority.
- Have strong active listening and communication skills.
- Understanding cause and effect when making safe and efficient decisions.
- Ability to motivate people to meet shift coverage.
- Must be fully trained on modern Dennis double deck buses before applying
- Able and willing to be RT and Dennis conductor trained before going solo
- Must not be on probation or suspension from any position.
- Must complete classroom and fluids in-person training before shadowing Supervisor shifts
- Must start in-person shadowing immediately after completing Classroom and Fluids training
- Must meet weekly with RSMA to discuss shadowing progress
- Must be available to shadow 4-5 shifts per week after hiring. Expectation of becoming solo within 6 to 10 weeks
- Must have 500 safe hours or be eligble to be RT trained. If unsure, please contact the Route Supervisor Manager
- Must be able to work a minimun of 3 full quarters after shadowing
- Must be Unitrans employed until the end of Summer Session 1 and/or Summer Session 2 of 2023.
- Must be available to attend weekly mandatory Supervisor trainings and refreshers
- Must submit completed resume and cover letter. No exceptions!
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.