Student Government: Chief of Staff for Senator Julia Shurman
Name: Julia Shurman
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5044-2022
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 1, 2022
Senator Shurman is working on mental health assistance, disability rights, and sexual assault prevention among other projects. Assist Senator Shurman on projects and help manage other staff members. Looking for dedicated individuals interested in learning more about legislation, ASUCD and who are passionate about advocacy work.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend Legislative part of senate meetings when needed and if available
- Write and review legislation
- Brainstorm new pieces of legislation
- Be a team player
- Connect with staff for personal and professional development
- Duties can vary depending on personal interests
- No prior legislative experience is required
- Strong work ethic
- Interest in general ASUCD operations
- Organization and communication skills
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.