Picnic Day: Parade Director
Name: Jesse Goodman
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 8 hours/week for Fall,12 hours/week for Winter & Spring (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Sept. 19, 2022
End Date: May 15, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5047-2022
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 4, 2022
Plan and organize the event that kicks off Picnic Day, the Picnic Day Parade.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Recruit Parade entries, create applications that will be sent out to all departments, student groups, and off-campus groups
- Organize the Parade entries - oversee set-up and coordination of parade
- Prepare script for announcers
- Collaborate with the UC Davis and the City of Davis Police Department and TAPS regarding permits, traffic and parking management for parade route and staging areas
- Hire Assistant Directors, attend weekly board meetings, hold weekly office hours, and prepare an end of year report
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- What do you hope to accomplish as Parade Director? (200 words max)
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.