Student Government: Donation Drive External Communications Director (Committee Member)
Name: Amanda Hamblin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5050-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 29, 2022
The ASUCD Donation Drive Committee aims to organize a donation drive program that will provide students with lightly-used or unused housing necessities, such as furniture, cooking equipment, and appliances, for free in a public, accessible space. This program will be primarily directed to help low-income students who would otherwise have difficulty affording important basic necessities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- To navigate business operations with external companies for the purpose of purchasing storage units, moving trucks, and waste disposal services
- Establish rapport with off-campus housing entities
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Engage in outreach and publicity
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Work with media outlets to publish timely company information, such as press releases, brochures, and other materials. Ensure communication strategy is consistent and reflects the organization's strategic vision. Implement social media strategies
- Comfort with virtual communication over both email and Zoom i.e. with Executive Office Staffers, campus staff, property managers, and city council members.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; all are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.