Student Government: Donation Drive Event Planning Director (Committee Member)
Name: Amanda Hamblin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 21, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5051-2022
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 29, 2022
The ASUCD Donation Drive Committee aims to organize a donation drive program that will provide students with lightly-used or unused housing necessities, such as furniture, cooking equipment, and appliances, for free in a public, accessible space. This program will be primarily directed to help low-income students who would otherwise have difficulty affording important basic necessities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage campus space rentals, tabling, and event coordination for all donation drive events and installments
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans
- Understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Engage in outreach and publicity
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Develop resources for students
- Strong work ethic and a passion for supporting students’ basic needs by creating a space for individuals to donate new, unused or used items to those in need.
- The ability to plan and organize all aspects of an event
- Strong time management skills.
- An ability to communicate efficiently.
- Creative thinking with an affinity for innovation and problem solving.
- Comfort with virtual communication over both email and Zoom i.e. with Executive Office Staffers, campus staff, property managers, and city council members
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; all are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.