Whole Earth Festival: Coffee Booth Manager
Name: Madeline Dei Rossi
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $700.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx 1-2 hours/week WQ, 4-6 hours/week SQ depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Job Number: 0021-5062-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2022
The Coffee Booth Manager shall acquire the means and supplies necessary to manage a booth during the festival, selling coffee and pastries to customers.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with campus staff to acquire the permissions necessary for setting up on the Quad and selling baked goods to the public
- Participate in all health and safety meetings neessary with campus staff
- Secure all necessary equipment for the Coffee Booth by providing your needs list to the Logistics Coordinators
- Bake all goods to be sold during the festival in a campus approved kitchen
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help oversee the space as needed during the festival
- oversee the Coffee Booth during the festival
- arrive at the festival early to provide coffee to staff, vendors, and who have to get there early
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings starting Fall Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 12-14, 2023
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 10&11, 2023) and the day after the festival (May 15, 2023)
- Must submit a monthly Volunteer Report to Directors online
- Interested in leadership positions and/or food service
- Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Can easily budget and manage money
- Good communication
- Works well with others
- Experience in food service and/or baking is preferred
- Experience in customer service preferrred
- No barista experience necessary
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.