Whole Earth Festival: Logistics Coordinator (2)
Name: Madeline Dei Rossi
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 7 hours/week (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Job Number: 0021-5066-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2022
The Logistics Coordinators are responsible for acquiring all necessary materials for the festival: from organizing tent rentals to purchasing poster boards. You will be in charge of set up and clean up for the festival.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Collaborate with the staff and a seasoned community member to determine festival needs
- Source and purchase all needed items while staying in budget
- Supervise and facilitate set-up and takedown of the festival
- Attend meetings with staff and campus departments to determine the layout of the festival and ensure compliance with university policy
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help with set up and clean up for the festival
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings starting Fall Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 12-14, 2023
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 10-11, 2023) and the day after the festival (May 15, 2023)
- Must submit a monthly Volunteer Report to Directors online
- Knowledge/Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Organizational skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Drivers license & access to a vehicle strongly preferred
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.