Whole Earth Festival: Entertainment Coordinator (2)
Name: Madeline Dei Rossi
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4 hours/week (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Job Number: 0021-5070-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2022
The Entertainment Coordinator will listen to all musician applicants and create a line-up for the festival's main stage, as well as submit all required paperwork to the university and help direct artists during the festival.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Secure all necessary equipment for artists by providing your needs list to the Logistics Coordinators
- Ensure all artists meet festival and university requirements
- Organize for all artists to submit appropriate paperwork to the festival and university
- Negotiate payments and contracts with al bands
- Collaborate with Stage Coordinators
- Manage merchandise booths
- Collaborate with Parking Coordinators to organize artist arrivals and departures
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help direct and oversee artists' needs before, during, and after the festival
- Prepare the schedule of bands for each stage
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings starting Fall Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 12-14, 2023
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 10-11, 2023) and the day after the festival (May 15, 2023)
- Must submit a monthly Volunteer Report to Directors online
- Interested in leadership and/or entertainment positions
- Knowledge/Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Organizational skills
- Dependable and self-motivational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Experience in leadership, event planning, and/or entertainment preferred
- Experience in customer service and budgeting preferred
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.