Whole Earth Festival: Publicity Coordinator
Name: Madeline Dei Rossi
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4 hours/week (refer to budget for hours & weeks paid)
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Job Number: 0021-5073-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2022
The Publicity Coordinator will serve as the marketing chair for the festival, frequently reaching out to the Davis community and beyond to encourage excitement and attendance to the Whole Earth Festival.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Actively publicize for the Whole Earth Festival on-campus and throughout the local community
- Actively update the Whole Earth Festival social media collaborating with ASUCD Creative Media Graphics & IT within UC Davis Social Media Policy & Guidelines
- Create festival merchandise (ie. stickers, buttons, etc.) to help with publicity for tabling collaborating with ASUCD Creative Media Graphics & IT withing ASUCD Branding guidelines
- Assist Chaos Control Coordinators in finding events to table at for the festival
- Assist Chaos Control Coordinatrs in tabling for the festival
- Responsible for printing flyers for festival and Chaos Control
- Serve as a volunteer where needed during and after the festival
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings starting Fall Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 12-14, 2023
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 10-11, 2023) and the day after the festival (May 15, 2023)
- Must submit a monthly Report to Directors online
- Interest in marketing positions
- Knowledge/Familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Organizational skills
- Dependable and self-motivational skills
- Good communication skills
- Collaborates well with others
- Experience in marketing preferred
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.