Whole Earth Festival: Chaos Control Foods Coordinator (2)
Name: Carla McEwen
You can visit the Whole Earth Festival website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/One-Time Stipend of $700.00 paid after completion of duties. (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5 hrs per week. Hours beyond specified hours per week are considered volunteer educational experience.
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 1, 2023
Job Number: 0021-5079-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 30, 2022
The purpose of the Chaos Control Foods Coordinator is to provide healthy vegetarian meals for the Whole Earth Festival Staff and Volunteers. You will collaborate with a professional chef to develop a menu, cook, and distribute the food during the festival.
The Whole Earth Festival began in 1969 as a small art class project (“Art Happening”) on the UC Davis Quad to teach community members about activism, wellness, and environmental sustainability in an interactive and creative way. Following the United Nations’ recognition of Earth Day in 1970, the event was renamed as the “Whole Earth Festival” and has since evolved into an enormous, free, student-run event, attracting over 30,000 visitors annually on Mother’s Day Weekend.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire a chef for the festival or organize catering for the festival
- Provide a materials list to the Logistics Coordinators for all non-food needs
- Collaborate with campus EH&S to ensure that you are complying with university health codes
- Source and purchase ingredients for the Chaos Control (CC) Food Booth
- Distribute meal tickets and communicate with sta and volunteers about meals
- Serve food alongside a professional chef during the festival
- Set up and clean up the food booth before and after the festival
- Assist in recruiting volunteers to help run the food booth during the festival
- Responsible for providing food for all volunteers for the duration of the festival (no breakfast, 3 lunches, 2 dinners)
[Obligations for ALL WEF members]
- Attend weekly meetings starting Fall Quarter until the festival
- Must be available for the Weekend of the Festival: May 12-14, 2023
- Must commit to helping set up and clean up the days leading up to the festival (May 10-11, 2023) and the day after the festival (May 15, 2023)
- Must submit a monthly Volunteer Report to Directors online
- Knowledge/familiar with Google Drive and its functions
- Organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Collaborate well with others
- Experience in a professional kitchen preferred
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.