Bike Barn: Mechanic
Name: Yael Berrol
You can visit the Bike Barn website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 11 hours/week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid)
Start Date: Nov. 29, 2022
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0012-5115-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 6, 2022
To assist in operation of the Bike Barn as an entry level bike mechanic. Applicants will be hired to begin during the end of fall quarter.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Opening and closing the shop
- Complete repairs and assign duties
- Keep store/break area/ and work area clean and presentable
- Sweep Floors
- Restock shelves
- Asisst customers up front (when provisional period is up)
- Must be self-motivated and willing to learn.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Prior mechanic experience, including bikes or otherwise, is NOT REQUIRED but it certainly helps.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.