Student Government: Elections Committee Member
Name: ThuyAnh Truong
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5120-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 2, 2022
To assist in facilitating ASUCD Elections in a fair and impartial manner as outlined in the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws. Members shall hold voting power in the internal decision-making process of the committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly Elections Committee meetings during quarters with active election cycle (Spring and Fall), and on an as-needed basis for Special Elections.
- Carry and organize out elections process as outlined in the ASUCD Consitution and Bylaws.
- Conduct outreach and curate social media content to publicize and provide information on elections.
- Help plan, coordinate and execute elections events and polling.
- Assist the Elections Committee Chair and Elections Committee as needed.
- Exhibits a passion to serve one’s community and an excitement for collaboration with others.
- Has an evident ability to be impartial and unbiased in decision-making.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, planning, and time management skills.
- Has familiarity with general ASUCD operations.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.