California Aggie: Photographer (Volunteer)
Name: Kayla Bruckman
You can visit the California Aggie website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-10 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 8, 2023
Job Number: 0001-5130-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 10, 2022
Photographers are responsible for completing one photo assignment per week, which may include sports, news, campus event and portrait photography. They will report to the photo editor and attend a weekly desk meeting.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Submit between 5 and 15 photos per week, based on an assignment from the photo editor.
- Attend a weekly desk meeting with a team of other photographers.
- Meet with photo editor to review photographic work.
- May be expected to photograph breaking news on campus or in the Davis community.
- Attend quarterly all-staff meeting for The Aggie staff.
- Photography background
- Knowledge of AP News Values and Principles and AP Standards and Practices
- Strong digital photography skills
- Constructive and quick communication skills
- Organizational skills and time management skills
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure and deal with adversity and stress
- Approximately 2 - 5 hours per week are required. This amount of time will vary according to the paper's production schedule and other factors.
- To avoid bias and maintain standards of journalistic objectivity, photographers should disclose all real or perceived conflicts of interest during their interview.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.