Student Government: SAO Outreach and Recruitment Director
Name: Travis Haskin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx .5-7 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: Oct. 24, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5136-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 16, 2022
The Student Advocate Office (SAO) is an executive, non-partisan office of the ASUCD. We offer free, private casework services, resources, and guidance to any student(s) navigating issues with the University, as represented by the Office of the Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA). Our goal is to ensure that each student is fully educated on campus policies regarding academic and behavioral misconduct. All support is centered around students and aims for an equity-based approach.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage SAO recruitement processes such as tabling and speaking one on one to students interested in joining our office or explaining our services
- Host mitigation workshops and events pertaining to educating the student body on the OSSJA disciplinary processes and the Student Code of Conduct
- Be able to present our office's roles and services to campus administration and external ASUCD bodies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical reading and analysis skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.