Student Government: STEM Committee Chair
Name: Megan Chung
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 Hours/Week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid)
Start Date: Oct. 13, 2022
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5149-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 6, 2022
Advocate for the STEM community by participating in and brainstorming for various projects & outreach efforts that advocate for the community's diverse needs.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings.
- Advocate for communities within STEM to promote an equitable education & opportunities.
- Oversee committee projects which further the UC Davis Principles of Community and ASUCD Core Values.
- Provide resources and opportunities for student interested in or involved in STEM.
- Preferably, be a member of the STEM community (although all who are interested are encouraged to apply).
- Have experience in student government, event or project planning, etc. (preferred).
- Hard working with strong organizational skills.
- Strong public speaking, interpersonal and written communication abilities.
- Passionate about serving the STEM community.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.