Student Government: Internal Affairs Commission Members & Alternates
Name: ThuyAnh Truong
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 1-3 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5154-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 13, 2022
The Internal Affairs Commission (IAC) investigates and recommends improvements to the ASUCD Constitution, Bylaws, and Long-Range Plans, often authoring legislation as a commission for consideration by the ASUCD Senate. IAC also occasionally reviews and recommends improvements to the governing documents and internal procedures of outside organizations involved with ASUCD.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attends weekly IAC meetings at a consistent time made public.
- Investigate and recommend changes to the ASUCD Constitution and ASUCD Bylaws.
- Review internal financial decisions and hold legislative purview over actions undertaken by the ASUCD Senate.
- Undertake all responsibilities provided to them as enumerated in the ASUCD Bylaws and by the Commission Chairperson
- Exhibits a general willingness to lead, passion for serving one’s community, and excitement for collaboration with others.
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, planning, and management skills.
- Exhibits familiarity with ASUCD’s governing documents.
- Has a strong willingness to learn and an incredible work ethic.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.