Pantry: Assistant Director
Name: Abigail Nonnarath
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 14 hours/week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid) Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 8, 2023
Job Number: 0025-5158-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 12, 2022
The ASUCD Pantry Assistant Director works closely with the ASUCD Pantry Unit Director to lead staff and volunteers in running daily food pantry operations. This position provides administrative support for a team of 27 student staff and 100+ volunteers, as well as overseeing management and evaluation for major Pantry focus areas: volunteer recruitment and retention, inventory procurement and management, technical projects and data science, outreach and external affairs, patron advocacy, and satellite operations.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Co-lead ASUCD Pantry staff and volunteers and help handle the operations of the Pantry.
- Initiate and facilitate meetings with campus staff, faculty, and administration in conjunction with the Unit Director.
- Assist Unit Director with administrative duties such as budget planning, quarterly reports, etc.
- Act as point person for major Pantry projects.
- Required: This position has on-site, in-person responsibilities. Candidates must be in Davis for the length of the term.
- Prior experience within the ASUCD Pantry is greatly preferred.
- Prior leadership experience is greatly preferred.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communicating in diverse communities.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Ability to work independently and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions.
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor.
- Interest in food security, basic needs, and addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.