Pantry: Pantry Coordinator
Name: Abigail Nonnarath
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4 hours/week
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 8, 2023
Job Number: 0025-5169-2022
Last Date to Apply: Oct. 24, 2022
To help assist the Managers who oversee daily operations at the Pantry, an ASUCD unit responsible for providing food and basic necessities to students in need. The Coordinator team, composed of 15 individuals, will work closely with the Managers specifically in order to assist all internal and external operations of the Pantry.
All positions have on-site, in-person responsibilities. Depending on individual circumstances, this requirement may be excused.
INDICATE YOUR TOP THREE PREFERRED ROLES AS THE FIRST SENTENCE IN THE QUESTION REGARDING QUALIFICATIONS/INTERESTS (Example: 1. Logistics 2. Outreach Media 3. Social Media. [response to a question])
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- ASUCD Coordinator: Help attend meetings across the association to best help guide decisions and create connections between ASUCD members and Pantry staff.
- Education Coordinator: Assist the Advocacy team in promoting educational outreach and engagement with patrons.
- Grant Coordinator: This coordinator is responsible for executing research on grants to help secure additional funding for the Pantry and its various programs.
- Data Science Coordinator: Alleviate day-to-day duties of the Data Science Manager and assist in leading DS interns.
- IT Coordinator: Assist the Technical Projects Manager by developing and directing new technical solutions.
- Logistics Coordinator: Assists the Inventory Managers in planning and implementing changes to the Pantry’s inventory system and in item acquisition.
- Operations Coordinator: Assists the Inventory Managers in the daily operations of the Pantry and coordinating donations and deliveries.
- Satellite Operations Coordinator: Help to develop permanent and mobile pantry locations in order to increase food accessibility across campus.
- Outreach Media Coordinator: Assist the Outreach and External Affairs Managers by providing quality media to promote engagement.
- Social Events Coordinator: Assist Pantry Volunteer Management team by planning social events for volunteers and staff.
- Please visit https://tinyurl.com/
pantrycoordinators for more information about each position.
- Volunteer at least once a week.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities.
- Ability to collaborate as part of a team.
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor.
- Interest in food security, basic needs, and addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.