Student Government: Task Force Members
Name: Angie Martinez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 2-5 hrs/wk
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5178-2022
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 13, 2022
Task Forces: Student Worker, Student Fee and Student Health. Please state which task force you are applying for in the first question. You may apply to as many as you would like. Task forces are outlined by the Executive Office as pressing issues affecting the student body. Task force members shall work closely with task force chairs in accordance with outlines and ASUCD senate approved bills.
Student Worker Task Force: The Student Worker Task Force is to measurably improve the pay and working conditions of UC Davis students employed by UC Davis units. The task force will investigate potential avenues of improvement and advocate for changes to the responsible bodies on campus, including ASUCD leadership
Student Fee Task Force: The Student Fee task force is to ensure institutional transparency and accountability through the review of student representatives and collaboration with relevant administrators and officials. This task force will also advise the ASUCD President on a ASUCD-run review of the actions and workings of student fee allocation and the body of representatives sitting on the Council on Student Affairs and Fees.
Student Health Task Force: The Student Health task force shall ensure that the needs of students are met in all aspects of health. The task force will address issues such as mental health accommodations and improving the amount of menstrual products and accomodations.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
● work toward projected task force goals
● work closely with task force chair and other members of task force
● actively research issues that pertain to task force issue
● help task force chair meet with senate and orgs on campus also concerned with task force issues
● interest in advocating for students
● previous experience in advocacy preferred but not required
● ability to work well with others towards goals
● strong written and verbal communication skills
● ability to track pressing issues affecting students
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.