Student Government: Chief of Staff for Senator Priya Talreja
Name: Priya Talreja
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 2-3 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Jan. 10, 2023
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5184-2022
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 20, 2022
Any work hours performed prior to completed onboarding with a clear date will be considered as unpaid volunteer/educational experience only.
Senator Priya Talreja is working towards improving culturally and linguistically competent mental health resources on campus, uplifting student activism and community organizing efforts, and increasing student engagement with ASUCD. She is looking for a dedicated team of staffers that are passionate about student advocacy and would like to learn about the operational processes within ASUCD.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Depending on individual interests:
- Writing legislation
- Leading advocacy efforts to further Senator Talreja's platform
- Organizing events for outreach with RSOs, ASUCD units, ASUCD governing bodies, relevant businesses, other bodies on campus
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- No prior legislative experience is required, and everyone is welcomed to apply
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and interest in general ASUCD operations
- Ability to advocate for different communities
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.