Student Government: SAO Outreach and Recruitment Director
Name: Travis Haskin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-7 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5194-2022
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 28, 2022
The Student Advocate Office (SAO) is an executive, non-partisan office of the ASUCD. We offer free, private casework services, resources and guidence to any student(s) navigating issues with the university, as represented by the Office of the Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA). Our goal is to ensure that each student is fully eduacated on campus policies regarding academica and behavioral misconduct. All support is centered around students and aims for an equity-based approach.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage SAO recruitment processes such as tabling and speaking 1:1 to students interested in joing our office or explaining our services
- Host mitigation workshops and events pertainng to educatig the student body on the OSSJA disciplinary processes and the Student Code of Conduct
- Be able to present our office's roles and services to campus administration and external ASUCD bodies
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical reading and analysis skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and culturalcompetency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.