Student Government: SAO First Year Director
Name: Travis Haskin
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5-7 Hours/Week
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5197-2022
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 28, 2022
The Student Advocate Office (SAO) is an executive, non-partisan office of the ASUCD. We offer free, private casework services, resources and guidence to any student(s) navigating issues with the university, as represented by the Office of the Student Support and Judicial Affairs (OSSJA). Our goal is to ensure that each student is fully eduacated on campus policies regarding academic and behavioral misconduct. All support is centered around students and aims for an equity-based approach.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Act as a representative for the first year student affairs to update the office with relevent information pertaining to first year students/experiences
- Conduct case advising services for first year on-campus housing, and be knowlegable about the on campus housing disciplinary process
- Advertise SAO's resources to first year demographic at first year housing and events
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical reading and analysis skills
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community in the workplace and your understanding of diversity and culturalcompetency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.