Student Government: Elections Chair
Name: Ella Moss-Vazquez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 5 hours/week (refer to budget for weeks and hours paid)
Start Date: Jan. 9, 2023
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5206-2022
Last Date to Apply: Dec. 8, 2022
To lead the ASUCD Elections Committee in organizing, managing, and promoting all of the ASUCD Elections, inlcuding the Fall Quarter Elections, Spring Quarter Elections and any Special Elections as outlined in the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Plan and host all election events, including but not limited to candidate debates, informational sesions for any ballot measures or inaitiatives, workshop(s) on candidacy procedures, and all processes enumerated in the ASUCD Bylaws and Consitution.
- Develop, organize, create and update ASUCD elections timeline, calendar, elections.ucdavis.edu website and official social media pages created by ASUCD Creative Media in accordance with ASUCD Consitution and Bylaws, the ASUCD Branding Guidelines and UC Davis Social Media Guidelines & Policies.
- Assess any complaints, fraud, and/or violations within the ASUCD Elections in accordance with the ASUCD Consitution and Bylaws.
- Conduct outreach to students and student organizations to publicize and provide information regarding ASUCD Elections.
- Submit to SGAO (Student Government Administrative Office) Office Manager all official meeting minutes, deadlines and official courses of action.
- Strong communication, organization, planning, and management skills.
- Knowledge and familiarity with relevant sections of the ASUCD Bylaws and Constitution.
- Abilities in high moral and ethical standards and lead with the spirit of ASUCD bylaws and Constitution.
- Ability to make difficult and impartial decisions and adjudicate fairly.
- Proficient skills with Zoom, Google Drive, and Microsoft Office.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.