Student Government: Sexual Assault Awareness Advocacy Committee Member
Name: Rashita Chauhan
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 4-8 hours per week
Start Date: Jan. 27, 2023
End Date: June 15, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5209-2022
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 26, 2023
The purpose of the SAAAC is to bring students together to provide intersectional, trauma informed advocacy for improving campus climate, and to facilitate the expansion of accessibility to educational resources about sexual violence, sexual harassment, and sexual assault. Additionally, this committee with aim to ensire that all students are made aware of the various reporting processes both through the university and law enforcement, victim advocacy resources, confidential support services, information about sexual violence in UC policies as well as students' rights under Title IX.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend and lead weekly meetings.
- Actively voice your suggestions and concerns at meetings.
- Help implement projects and events related to SVSH awareness and prevention.
- Help brainstorm projects and goals for the team.
- Be prepared to take on a leadership role in regards to the various projects we will tackle.
- Present quarterly reports at ASUCD Senate meetings.
- Must be passionate about sexual violence prevention and student activism.
- Must have a strong interest in taking initiative as a student leader.
- Ability to communicate professionally and follow through reliably on tasks.
- Involvement in outside club/organization preferred.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.