Picnic Day: Publicity Assistant Director
Name: Lindsey Marshall
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 4 hours per week during winter, 6 hours per week during the spring
Start Date: Jan. 16, 2023
End Date: April 30, 2023
Job Number: 0004-5216-2022
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 15, 2023
To assist the Publicity Director in all things related to the Picnic Day publicity including, but not limited to, social media, press releases, mewsletters, and media training.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Develop publicity plans throughout the year up until Picnic Day.
- Help with outreach on-campus and off-campus.
- In collaboration with ASUCD Creative Media Graphics & Marketing team, maintain Picnic Day social media.
- Adhere to ASUCD Branding Guidelines and UC Davis Social Media Guidelines & Policies.
- Attend weekly board meetings 6:10-7:30PM Wednesday nights.
- Punctual, responsible, creative, enthusiastic.
- Experience in photography, photo editing, and videography is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge or skills with working with various social media platforms.
- Ability to work well in teams and follow through.
- What does teamwork mean to you? (300 words max)
- Choose one past experience and describe how it will help you be successful in this position. (300 words max)
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interest.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency. (250 words max)
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.