Student Government: Academic Affairs Commission Members & Alternates
Name: Megan Chung
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 1-3 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Jan. 26, 2023
End Date: June 10, 2023
Job Number: 0008-5217-2022
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 19, 2023
The Academic Affairs Commission (AAC) is a legislative body of ASUCD concerned with academics and student needs regarding academics. The AAC commissioner is part of the ASUCD academic advisory board that researches, reviews, recommends, and develops projects to improve academic life for the UC Davis student body. Commissioners bring ideas and valuable information to the commission to ensure that students concerns are voiced to the Senate and other University officials.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly AAC meeting
- Recommend and collaborate on projects or legislation relating to academics
- Represent student interests on Academic Senate Committees and meet with other students, faculty, and administration as needed
- Strong interest in academic issues
- Organizational skills
- Vocal and strong communication skills
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.